This is the first gold distribution in 113 years. The three jumped to a height of 2.38 meters. But only two won gold. Mutaz Isa Barshim of Qatar and Gianmarco Tamberry of Italy won the gold. Despite jumping to the same height, Maxim Nedasekau of Belarus did not win the gold because he did not do as well as the other two in his previous attempts.
The question may arise, how can two get gold? History has been written here.
Isa Barshim and Tamberry jumped 2.38 meters but got stuck while jumping 2.39 meters. Again, both of them got stuck three times. The two are not going to be separated in any way. Neither of them committed a foul. As a result, both of them came with gold demands.
In such a situation, an Olympic official came to the track and offered them a jump-off like a tiebreak in football. If you want, we can arrange a jump-off. The two are separated on the basis of at least one thing. And this is where Isa Barshim has won the hearts of everyone.
Immediately Isa Barshim asked the officer, “Can’t we both get two gold medals?” The hint is clear, he has no problem sharing the gold medal with Tamberry. Jesus may have thought that just as he had achieved this success in his four years of bloodshed, so did Tamberry! If Tamberry is eligible to win gold, why should he be given silver based on ‘jump off only? Let the joy of gold touch him!
The two spoke about the matter once, did not discuss it. But Isa Barshim said the message of Tambi’s mind. Said, Olympic gold medal is an adorable thing for an athlete!
Yes, it is possible too’, Jesus Barshim and Tamberry were overjoyed to hear this reply from the officer. The two began to celebrate success by hugging. And in the meanwhile, it is confirmed that after 113 years, the glory of winning gold in the Olympics is being shared.
For the first time in its 113-year history, gold was shared at the Olympics
Tamberi’s friendship with Jesus Barshim did not happen after this incident, but it did. The two have known each other for a long time. A bond was formed between the two to take part in the same competition. Tamberry suffered an ankle injury after the last Olympics, which almost ended his career. He also qualified for the Diamond League in Paris.
But that’s where the rules left. Can’t jump properly. I can’t feel my strength, I have lost my self-confidence. After the competition, he went straight to his house and sat down in a bad mood. Although other athletes did not understand the storm in Tamberry’s mind, Isa Barshim understood.
The next day, it was Musa Barshim who gave courage to Tamber. He went to Tamberry’s house and talked. Said, ‘Look, you’re on the right track. You just came back from a big one. Did anyone think you could come to the Diamond League after that injury? But you have come. Don’t want everything too soon. Whatever is happening, let it happen slowly. He will be able to give his best one day. This is the first gold distribution in 113 years.
So Barshim has a big role to play in bringing Tamberry to where it is today. And if that is the strength of friendship, then what happens, the world saw it yesterday!
- 128th Sydney Tennis Classic 2022: Schedule, How to Watch, Ticket, ResultSHARE THIS ARTICLE : After 2 years Sydney International is back. Sydney Tennis Classic 2022 is the largest WTA 500 and ATP 250 tennis tournament in Australia. It was founded in 1885. Alex De Minaur is currently the men’s singles champion of the tournament and Petra Kvitová in the women’s singles champion. Like every year, Sydney […]
- Adelaide International 2022 Tennis tournament: Schedule, How to Watch, ResultSHARE THIS ARTICLE : The Adelaide International 2022 is the big tennis tournament in South Australia. It was founded in 2020. A. Rublev of Russia is now the men’s singles champion of the tournament and Iga Świątek of Poland is the women’s singles champion. Like every year, Adelaide International Tennis is going to start on 2 […]
- Farmers Insurance Open 2022 Golf Tournament: Schedule, How to Watch, ResultSHARE THIS ARTICLE : Finally, Farmers Insurance Open 2022 Golf Tournament dates are announced on January 26 – 29, 2022, at Torrey Pines Golf Course. This tournament has been held since 1952 as an official competition of the PGA Tour with the aim of revitalizing golf as a lifelong sport and social contribution activity through golf. […]
- Sentry Tournament of Champions 2022 Golf Tournament: Schedule, How to Watch, ResultSHARE THIS ARTICLE : Finally, Sentry Tournament of Champions 2022 Golf Tournament dates are announced on January 5 – 9, 2022, at Kapalua Golf – The Plantation Course. This tournament has been held since 1953 as an official competition of the PGA Tour with the aim of revitalizing golf as a lifelong sport and social contribution […]
- 54th Australian Open 2022 Tennis: Schedule, How to Watch, ResultSHARE THIS ARTICLE : The Australian Open 2022 is the largest tennis tournament in Australia. It was founded in 1905. Novak Djokovic of Austria is currently the men’s singles champion of the tournament and Naomi Osaka of Japan is the women’s singles champion. Like every year, the Australian Open is going to start on 17 January. […]